View Single Post
Old 02.14.2008, 08:30 AM   #3013
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdTv
I've seen The Omega Man. Will Smith does not do it for me. Maybe its because I saw an interview with him about the movie and he hyped it as a ''fall character film, with more of an indie feel to it than a holly woood blockbuster''. Of course after watching it I realized that wasn't true.
Well you have to look at it from his perspective of what he probably meant by an indie film. I doubt he meant it would look like it was directed by Gus Van Sant (thank GOD), but instead said it to try and convey that it wouldn't have as much appeal to the audience usually targeted by summer blockbusters. And for that he was correct; the people who were dying to see it just for seeing NYC overgrown and big monsters ended up a little dissappointed. I don't think he was trying to categorize the film, but give a little more of a warning to the mainstream audience.

And once again, I can't help but compare it to The Omega Man. I'd take Will Smith's subtle look of dread when he knew the sun was going down over Charlton Heston screaming to himself "It's getting dark! They will wake up soon!" any day.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|