View Single Post
Old 05.10.2012, 10:40 AM   #1
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
I know that this is a project by a former singer from some "Alternative Press tour"-type band, which probably called themselves screamo and sucked. Why, then, is he suddenly the frickin' pope? My much younger cousin's friend, who has never been a music fan, or even mentioned music in my presence, commented on how awesome Skrillex is the other day on Facebook. In order for this boy to be into it, it must be pretty big (and all the rage at fraternity parties), but I'd only heard the name associated with korn. I looked it up, and it doesn't even look like this guy has released any actual albums; just collaborated and released a lot of internet material. I'm very out of sync with popular culture, as I've said many times, but this appears to be something big, and to me it sounds like dubstep and possibly "electroclash" (god I feel silly using all these terms) are being co-opted and milked by a douche-bag, and that that's pretty much all there is to it.

Does anybody have any constructive thoughts on this? Why is this Skrillex anomaly reaching college kids who don't listen to music? Where the hell did this come from, and should it be taken seriously? I just feel so goddamn old when I think about stuff like this.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|