View Single Post
Old 02.26.2010, 03:37 PM   #50
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
They were really good the first time I saw them, about 6 years ago. Quiet and intimate. The second time, a few years back, they had loud banging drums and distorted guitars and it was this big rock thing. It was TERRIBLE.

My experience as well. I've seen Xiu Xiu 5 or 6 times and each time it becomes less and less like what I am always hoping to see. They're coming here in a month or so and I think this might be the time I just stop going.

Knife Play was haunting. A Promise and Fabulous Muscles both had some amazing songs as well. Xiu Xiu still remains one of the most influential bands for me regardless of the turn they're taking. I can still see Jamie doing Hives Hives with tears in his eyes, but I can't bring myself to try and get into the new stuff. It's lost its reality for me.

Oh, and Jamie Stewart is fucking super sexxy.