View Single Post
Old 11.19.2016, 12:32 PM   #19908
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
well i'm not a huge cameron fan. he's a technical genius, but... i don't know. it's hit or miss with him. have you seen avatar? unfuckingwachable (for me anyway). my mind vomited afterwards.

so right now i can't recall much of aliens except... winona? and some flamthrowers in a base? i forget, just... zero impression, just-- fucking trite.

alien, the riddley scott one, was genius.

with 3 i didn't expect a lot, but the whole supermacho prison angle and ripley always in danger of being gangraped made it thematically interesting. know what i mean? it wasn't about monsters in space, it was a rape movie about rape terror. and that-- it did well. even the monster looked like a pecker. "i want you to have my babies".

what was aliens about? like "really" about? i used to like winona though. was she in it or am i dreaming it?

Aliens is "about" the moon where the eggs from the first film were found by the crew of Ripley's ship. It's been like 75 years since the events of Alien, and Ripley's been floating around in stasis the whole time, after blowing her ship to hell. She's discovered by terraformers from this moon, and she warns them all that it's super infested with alien shit, and they're like nah you're just a woman. Then the aliens totally do attack and the crew is like whoops out bad save us, look we have guns and there's, like, a 12 year-old fucking kid here for some reason!

Then fighting, dying, blah. The flamethrower you're thinking of is from this film. It's a big crowd pleaser.

Winona was not in Aliens. Her beautiful heavenly self was in Alien Ressurection, which is about Riley being cloned centuries after her death. She dies with an embryo up in her, and if I remember right, that big evil corporation they work for cloned her when she had the thing in her so they could regrow both her and the alien and harvest it from her womb er whatever.

Winona is an android (androids for Ripley are like snakes for Indiana Jones... just can't get away from them.) And turns out harvesting that alien was a bad idea, and there'S some other aliens too and lots of shot happens before a big humanoid-y Ripley alien guy is sucked through a really small hole in a space window.

So ... there have most definitely been better franchises.

Also, the hot potato game of directors helps prove something I've always believed which is that trilogies/series work best when handled by one person. A united, stable vision is the shit when it comes to trilogies. That's why Godfather and Dark Knight are THE trilogies. Period.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|