Thread: Promo cassettes
View Single Post
Old 08.18.2009, 03:46 AM   #1
Rocket Baby Dolls
empty page

Rocket Baby Dolls kicks all y'all's assesRocket Baby Dolls kicks all y'all's assesRocket Baby Dolls kicks all y'all's assesRocket Baby Dolls kicks all y'all's assesRocket Baby Dolls kicks all y'all's assesRocket Baby Dolls kicks all y'all's assesRocket Baby Dolls kicks all y'all's assesRocket Baby Dolls kicks all y'all's assesRocket Baby Dolls kicks all y'all's assesRocket Baby Dolls kicks all y'all's assesRocket Baby Dolls kicks all y'all's asses
Hi,

Years ago i bought a box full of various white label promo cassettes (Just for the 2 Smashing Pumpkins ones), i put the rest into a box and forgot about them. I'm moving house soon and i found the box again last night. I've been looking online and all the cassettes are legit (Matching them with discographies and peoples collections, etc...) but i can't find any information on the Sonic Youth ones i have. I thought i had 3 but i seem to have misplaced 1 since last night. I've checked on the discography and various fan sites but i've hit a dead end so i hope you can help me out. I'll give you the info on the 2 i have and work on getting some pics up.

Quote:
"4 TRACKS FROM "DIRTY" - THE FORTHCOMING ALBUM BY SONIC YOUTH"

1. 100%

2. SHOOT

3. SUGARKANE

4. CREME BRULEE

Thats the blurb on the front cover, aswell as the company details and the band name on the side. The cover is pastel green. The tape is a standard non descript cassette you find with all white labels with the standard lettering type (Those rub off letters/letraset of the band name and nothing else)

Quote:

SONIC YOUTH "Screaming Fields Of Sonic Love"

SIDEA.
1. TEENAGE RIOT 6'56
2. ERICS TRIP 3'48
3. CANDLE 4'58
4. INTO THE GROOVEY 4'34
5. G-FORCE 3'39
6. BEAUTY LIES IN THE EYE 2'16
7. KOTTON KROWN 5'06
8. SHADOW OF A DOUBT 3'33
9. EXPRESSWAY TO YR SKULL 7'07

SIDEB.
1. STARPOWER 4'47
2. DEATH VALLEY '69 5'09
3. HALLOWEEN 5'08
5. INHUMAN 4'00
6. MAKING THE NATURE SCENE 2'59
7. BROTHER JAMES 3'10
8. I DREAMED I DREAM 5'18

Description: White cover, black text, the tape again is non-descript with those rub on letters. The cassette looks exactly the same as some of the Nine Inch Nails and Smashing Pumpkins white label ones you see on discography sites (But obviously with Sonic Youth's music and name)

I'll see if i can find the 3rd one.
Rocket Baby Dolls is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|