View Single Post
Old 12.30.2008, 01:52 PM   #22
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice

Personally, I find the political benefit of sovereign monarches to be the most spurious of arguments, but then, if we don't have our strange customs (not just the Queen, the whole of Whitehall) and Britishness then we kind of disappear into the bay of France.

my point exactly. and that sense of britishness is so powerful it extends across the globe..

I mean, as I said, I am not particularly pro-monarchy, just commenting on what I see.

I am a Rastaman, and the folks I deal with are Rastamen, and we Rastafari people are blatant anti-colonialists, and we burn fyah on British colonial govt for a long time, so I do not necessarily support it here, but I am just commenting on its obvious popularity and role in identity formation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
What you have to think here is if 1 in 4 people had such a hard-line attitude to the royals, what were the rest of the population thinking? The statistics don't imply the country was divided into those that wished for the dissolution of the monarchy 0R those that were perfectly content.

now you are inferring more than i am!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|