Thread: Best-Of Bands
View Single Post
Old 05.17.2013, 07:38 AM   #34
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
There's some good stuff on Some Girls, also Tatoo You. Cut out the crap, squash the decent material together, and you've got an acceptable album. The rest of the post-EXILE Stones is pretty much useless. And before Aftermath (which has a lot of dross), they didn't make a decent LP. All told, they have about 4 or 5 good albums. That averages out to one good record for every decade.
--

I gave EandtheB's Crocodile, Porcupine and Ocean a spin again last night. I found myself skipping a lot, but really liking the songs I didn't skip. I insist: a best-of band, and a very good one. (Though they are very silly. "C-c-cucumber, c-c-c-colliflower...")
--

Also listened to Cocteau Twins' Treasure. First side is great, second side wanes. I'll take a best-of over this proper album.

---

And that's the point. Would you take a proper album over a compilation? If yes, then the artist in question doesn't belong in this thread. If no, throw the name in the ring.

--

Lou Reed! I can't believe I didn't think of this. Some okay albums, but no masterpiece. A compilation artist for sure.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|