View Single Post
Old 09.19.2007, 05:24 PM   #111
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Youth
It looks like a back drop plus, where are all the stars?

OK. I have explained this before, and it is a good question. My physics professor at Univ of Houston explained this to me. The cameras being used on the moon landings were television cameras, to beam the images back to the Earth in as close to "real time" as possible.

The cameras had to be designed to capture images of the astronauts, the moon surface, etc., while being in full daylight, which, since the moon has NO ATMOSPHERE is blindingly bright, hence the quadruple layers of visors that the astronaut helmets have.

star light, by comparison, is exceedingly DIM, and, for the same reason you cannot see the stars during the day on earth, there are no stars visible during the day on the moon. EVEN MORE SO due to the harsher sunlight.

the moonis locked in synchronous rotation so the same side faces the earth all the time.

SCIENCE RULES!