View Single Post
Old 01.04.2016, 04:36 AM   #56
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I never really have before honestly. I heard one of their earlier albums... Lonerism maybe... And I liked the Tame Impala guest spot on Flaming Lips & Heady Fwends...

I just decided to try the new album after hearing a ton of really good reviews.

It's alright. There's something Flaming Lips-y about TI. I like space rock and psychedelia. But I'm really not a fan. I just happen to think Currents is fairly good. They're certainly nothing special, that's for sure. But not everything has to be awesome. It's just a good alt rock album, in an era when there aren't many.

I'd rather be listening to Actress, and I do listen to Actress. A lot. So, quit busting my balls.
sorry for the slownessssssss

apologies dude not having a go at you, it's just from my perspective tame impala are representative of something (or I suppose nothing) which seems wholly antithetical to so much else of what's represented in your list. I mean just on a cursory glance I can't see how you can reconcile say tame impala or jamie xx, godspeed etc with o'rourke/ambarchi, fsa, sightings in that the former invariably trade in stock emotional provocation whereas the latter so unflinchingly deliver singular music as if to protest how deliberately milquetoast the others are. which of course isn't to say that an individualistic streak equates to great music, because that's obviously a complete load of shit.

but hey. whatever. to each their own. I can't unravel my logic here.

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|