View Single Post
Old 05.26.2014, 11:47 PM   #44
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Banning smoking in pubs and bars won't destroy the pub scene, in LA and California smoking in bars has been in effect for 20 years and bars are MORE popular than ever because of it. People go outside to smoke and it seems perfectly natural to do such, and honestly, I've always met people more easily outside smoking because we're all out there awkwardly smoking by ourselves so people seem more open to meet new people in that moment. Some nights I've spent more time smoking outside than inside the bar just to meet different people.

Also, banning smoking is NOT the first step towards banning alcohol, though in truth I can see the logic in this. Banning alcohol has never worked in any of the societies that have tried, meanwhile banning smoking only seems to have increasingly positive effects wherever implemented. So, no, alcohol is not on the table but yes, consider smoking a thing of the 20th century, obsolete as a flip phone and fading fast..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|