Thread: Kurt Vile
View Single Post
Old 06.21.2014, 08:08 AM   #11
Chocolate milk
empty page

Chocolate milk kicks all y'all's assesChocolate milk kicks all y'all's assesChocolate milk kicks all y'all's assesChocolate milk kicks all y'all's assesChocolate milk kicks all y'all's assesChocolate milk kicks all y'all's assesChocolate milk kicks all y'all's assesChocolate milk kicks all y'all's assesChocolate milk kicks all y'all's assesChocolate milk kicks all y'all's assesChocolate milk kicks all y'all's asses
yeah i really like him actually... not getting the hate. i think his most recent album wasn't as strong as "smoke ring for my halo" but that's cus i'm biased towards the john fahey style acoustics more than the 80s style shimmer beats... tho both have their place under the sun

i also tend to focus a lot on lyrics, & lyrics i can relate with can bring me into new genres or vastly different acts... his words get my go-ahead... hardly wallpaper to me, can be quite arresting... those earlier albums too, more experimental & lo-fi, have that thing i like best about those types of albums - that "zooming into a snowglobe" effect.. his stuff is totally rewarding to listen into, and i perceive him as having some real depth

slightly less enthusiastic about the war on drugs, but they'd still be a draw to me on a bill at a festival... in any event, the dude is having his success lately, and i for one am proud of him!
Chocolate milk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|