View Single Post
Old 05.05.2015, 08:19 PM   #46556
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Yeah! Lately my project has been to revisit classic rock stuff and try as hard as I can to listen as if for the first time. It's difficult and so far it's been pretty pointless. My old opinions just get entrenched. "Alright, CAN is still far better than YES. I was right all along."

---

Springsteen and E Street Band live in the 70s = unbelievably good rock n' roll

There was a lot more music in the "classic rock" era than the "classic rock stations" that play the same stuff over and over and over again would lead people to believe. I'm starting to develop an interest in some of the second or third tier bands from that era, and in delving into lesser known stuff by the bigger acts. Bloodrock is starting to interest me--there was a lot more to them than their morbid hit DOA. And CCR's album tracks are quite good, in some cases rivaling the singles--It Came Out Of The Sky, Sinister Purpose, Wrote A Song For Everyone, Born To Move, etc. Moby Grape's more rock oriented stuff is pretty good, much better, IMHO, than the country-tinged stuff. And Marmalade might have been a one hit wonder in the US (Reflections Of My Life) but a few years later they released the Our House Is Rockin' album--which I don't think has ever been released on CD. More's the pity.
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|