View Single Post
Old 05.25.2014, 09:46 PM   #685
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Magen it comes down to it, I'd rather hear someone rap well about anything than play an impressive solo, or write a catchy tune.

That said, my heart is in punk. I'd rather hear Lou Reed turn "This Magic Moment" into a distortion soaked bohemian mess than ... Well, just about anything. I'd rather hear the VU play the fuck out of "Sister Ray" until my ears can no longer tell the difference between trebly guitar and snare slap, or hear Teenage Riot played so violently that the sheer jubilation over the slacker punk lyrics is barely masked even by the expert too cool for school delivery of Thurston at his most droll.

I think listening to "Good Morning Captain" from start to finish is pretty much the most productive thing one can do with six and a half minutes of their life.

But the only genre that even comes close to equaling that is hip hop, when an emcee is spitting and a beat is going so hard that even my white ass starts throwing signs. (Yeah, Kanye... Wu... Jay... Keith).

No idea what I'm saying anymore but I like left of center proto-and-post punk, and I like rap, and I spend way too much time thinking about the fact that I feel this way.

Goodnight
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|