View Single Post
Old 05.25.2014, 09:33 PM   #684
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
mmmm. i'd rather hear someone rap about a strange dream they had instead of the old 'guitar' like 'rock' bravado or how sensitive u are about yr mommy or that girl u lust after and her thick ass and thighs than anything else.

if only more people were more open minded about sounds.

True dis.

I actually think I prefer music where the lyrics (which are almost always bound to be at least partly nauseating or dumbassed, are drowned out to the point of barely being recognizeable.

I remember sending my dad Sonic Youth's rendition of "Within You, Without You" way back when, thinking it might help him understand that his entire generation's idols and the godfathers of the iconoclastic art/post punk scene, to which I believed myself to belong we're not so different that they couldn't be simultaneously appreciated.

He replied that the lyrics were a bit too hard to make out for him.

(Eye roll: he's known the lyrics since he was fourteen; the point is in the paradoxical interpretations, and the enduring spirit of experimentation)

I hope I never sound like that to my children.

What does this have to do with anything? Fuckall. But I'm sure it's significant somehow.

My dad LOVES the Run DMC "Walk This Way" cover, but is neither an Aerosmith fan nor a person who knows the first thing about hip hop. Go fucking figure.

Btw: floating slowly, I can't figure out if you're agreeing with me or not above, in that post where I wrap things up by admitting that I know nothing. Just sayin.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|