View Single Post
Old 05.24.2014, 02:03 AM   #683
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I disagree with this analysis, hip hop like all other musics is simply recycling and revisiting and remixing previous incarnations of sound and style. There is nothing "new" just renewed ways of looking at the same things.

I kinda agree, but...

With "rock" you can find something from any era of rock music right up to 2014 that sounds almost indistinguishable from material from the 1960's.

Hip hip has been around less than half as long and already it's a completely different beast than it was in the late 70s and early to mid 80s. No new hip hop artist sound like they could have jumped straight out of hip hop's early years. That, to me, shows that the genre has com full circle and rather than looking back for inspiration, has looked forward or at least sideways.

But I don't know shit about shit and it's really late.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|