View Single Post
Old 08.01.2011, 09:24 PM   #12
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Somebody said something about a "magic ingredient"

Bingo.

"Massage the History" is just classic SY. Up there with "...Golden Blue" and "Heather Angel"... really top knotch. And many of the other songs (like poison arrow) are completely awesome. But it just sounds like a B-Sider to me.

I think part of it has to do with the lack of concept. The Eternal doesn't have much of a look or unique "feel" to it like so many other SY's do. Ripped, for instance, had great artwork, represented the band really well, and had a very cohesive flow and purpose.

This album just doesn't have that. To me, it's like a heavier EJST&NS, only not as good. That album was also pretty ambiguous...

Anyway, I don't want to hate. It was my favorite album of 2009. But they were on one hell of a streak in the '00s, and Eternal ended it in my opinion. I prefer the jams on SYR9, and hope they use them as the blueprint for the next LP.

But seriously- I don't know why I don't enjoy it as much as I do their others.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|