View Single Post
Old 12.11.2013, 01:32 PM   #4
pad_023
the destroyed room

pad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's asses
Main are awesome. Hampson has made some of my favourite ambient/drone albums. The new one is terrific, it is really spooky and haunting. It's worth working through their discography though, I'm not sure how familiar with Hampson's work but it's interesting to note the progression from Loop to Main.

On Main's earlier albums it still features the droning minimalist repetition on guitars that was pretty much a hallmark of Loop's sound but it slowly becomes more abstract with Hampson switching to synthesizers and ends up sounding closer to music concrete.

And yes i agree with you on Tiny Mix Tape, they have an interesting site which always introduces me to good music. But most of their reviews read like a 3rd year philosophy essay.
pad_023 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|