View Single Post
Old 05.18.2009, 08:27 AM   #16
barnaclelapse
the destroyed room

barnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's asses
Someone mentioned the mood of the album, the atmosphere, and I think that's absolutely right on the nose. For me, it's always been one of my favorites for the imagery it conjures up in my own mind, that endless summer night heat and being amongst the weirdos and strange circumstances that you can only get from being out in the world.

Doesn't have to be NYC, but the album still brings about my memories of the times I've been there. But what's great is that I know people who have completely different views on the album and what it means to them. It's impressive stuff for an album to be so specific to a single person and still have a broad ability for others to come along and take a completely different experience from listening to it.
barnaclelapse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|