Thread: religion
View Single Post
Old 08.06.2006, 11:35 PM   #161
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
I wouldn't say I'm agnostic, or even skeptical. I am raised in a culture where spirituality and religion rule every aspect of life; from your first breath, through all your waking moments, every step, every dream or nightmare, your first kiss, love, hate, denial; all of life is dictated by religion and spirituality, if you make it or not, it's God and religion and spirituality. I realise now that this attitude or philosophy, if you prefer, will never cease. Life will continue to be a religious and spiritual experience every second of the way.

I am just saying that it would be preferable if humanity were given paths and options, to find God, religion and spirituality through their own terms, but I realise this will never happen in the climate I live in. Here, religion is a culture, tradition and way of life. You are introduced to God the moment you wake up, your first day at school is a testament to His might and will. This will never change. There will never be a day where I wake up and choice is presented to me. Unless of course, there is violent revolution. But to revolt against religious leaders is akin to deflowering your little sister the day before she has her first period, then burning your parents alive and finally disemboweling yourself as you suffocate to death hanging by your neck on the 50th storey of a modern and towering skyscraper. Thank you for the prognosis of my situation, but I realise that I'm less of a skeptic than a heretic.