View Single Post
Old 08.05.2010, 08:38 AM   #1
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
Is there a show that stands out in your mind?
Spencer: This is one of the greatest, weird stories. We were kids and very excited to play with Sonic Youth at CBGB in '90 or '91. Me, Charlie and [original bassist] Pete Shore were the graveyard band coming on after SY! We waited through four or five opening bands. Then SY came on and could do anything they wanted so they invited up Don Fleming [of Gumball and Velvet Monkeys fame]. I knew it was the beginning of the end. He did multiple songs with them. It went on forever--and ever and ever! We were standing there with our jaws down to our stomachs thinking, Everyone will leave because it's getting so late. At 3am we go up and just attack! I wouldn't say we were angry but generally our music reflects that. But the coolest thing was that among the five people who actually stayed after SY was Gerard Cosloy from Matador. And that's how we got a deal with them.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/..._interview.php
Georgekrz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|