View Single Post
Old 10.25.2011, 12:19 AM   #34
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
I did not directly compare the two bands, certainly not in the pedestrian way you suggest. I brought The Slits up in order to convey the absurdity of characterizing elements like "teenage vocals" and lack of conventional musical proficiency as dismal flaws when they can indeed be applied to a masterpiece. If in lieu of lazily misreading my words you had responded judiciously —at the very least saying "Whoa, you did not just compare The Slits to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, did you?"— we could have for once actually had a goddamn conversation going in this fucking place instead of this permanently frustrating horseshit climate where almost everyone is constantly flying off the handle at the slightest divergent opinion - which, by the way, is seldom expressed rationally, with thought-provoking fundaments, with enough lucid weight to merit being posted in the first place. "BWAARRGHH RATHER RIPPED SUCKED! THEY DON'T DO WHAT I WANT THEM TO DO! BWWAAAAAAARRRRRGGHHH!!". A real charming operation, this board.

Then again, it's my fault anyway for breaking my own Do Not Engage commandment. I now go back to my natural bittorrent announcements/bootlegs sharing/etc. habitat...

it seems like you know the difference being bringing things up and comparing them, so show me when i wrote that you compared them huh? i myself compared them ffs
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|