View Single Post
Old 02.11.2012, 05:00 PM   #2855
Murmer99
stalker

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses

so far, this is turning out to be the best dick I've read (!)

it's also interesting to point out that Cronenberg made a reference to this novel in "eXistenZ"... the Perky Pat's fast food bag! I know that he was highly influenced by his work. I feel like a few of his films are almost adaptations of some of his novels. Or rather, concepts you would've expected to see philip k dick write about. Scanners... Existenz

both films are pretty average though.

Anyways, the novel (while fairly easy to grasp what's happening) is the most complex when it comes to its "plot". You never really know what the hell is happening and some of the conversations between the characters (along with the vivid descriptions of where they are) creates a picture in my mind. I guess it's kind of cliche to go on about philip k... but he truly is one of my favorites of all time. I'm really looking forward to reading his Exegesis. I've heard it's nearly unreadable. Just perplexing that this guy kept all these notes for so long... and essentially just for "fun". He was an eccentric as most already know. He also mentioned various times in interviews that the three stigmata is the most vital of his works. I have yet to go through most of them, but this tops androids, flow my tears, even ubik in my opinion.
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|