View Single Post
Old 05.27.2015, 02:43 PM   #46743
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
I donīt have to read books about eighties, I have lived it through (and survived). And already then I was active in whatīs happening in the popular culture. Maybe it was little different in Finland than in US or UK, but I donīt think there was lots of differences in mainstream. What was popular in UK & US, was also in Finland. Maybe I listen that Peels, when I have enough time.

I think the point of suggesting the book is not to inform you about the '80s itself, but to give you an idea of what many of us think about when we think of that decade. That is, the American indie underground, and what was happening in California, the Midwest, Seattle, Boston, NYC and DC in the clubs and basements, and how ideas were swapped back and forth between struggling U.S. Bands and their UK/Irish/Scottish counterparts.

Maybe this is a part of the '80s that you didn't experience first hand, because of geographic limitations... Of for whatever reason.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|