View Single Post
Old 09.25.2008, 01:29 PM   #214
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
Can't really believe I'm reading "meh" for Oh Sees while same people with good taste are boosting Pink & Brown and Coachwhips above that.

The funny thing is, the denim jacket and PBR-swillin' brigade of garagepunk afficionados almost uniformly hated all previous Dwyer stuff until the last couple of Oh Sees records.

So, could it be that as Dwyer's stuff gets less noisy and bombastic, it doesn't play as well here?

I say nonsense....You guys need to re-listen to "The Master's Bedroom..." and go see Thee Oh Sees the next time they are in your town. That is hands-down one of the best bands on this planet right now, and it is the pinnacle of Dwyer's accomplishments.

Just got my split LP of The Intelligence and Thee Oh Sees, too, and it's another winner.....as expected, though!
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|