View Single Post
Old 08.09.2016, 10:40 PM   #67
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
by the way based on the LD50 you posted it would take approximately 3 POUNDS of dried mushrooms! considering the psychoactive dose is generally around 1-2 GRAMS I suppose its safe to safe that psilocybin is indeed not poisonous. Indeed it would take 21 grams of pure psilocybin....

you are mistaking the term 'toxic' with the term 'psychoactive'. Chlorine bleach is toxic, is it also psychoactive? See the difference there? the therapeutic window for psilocybin is very very safe..

come on man that is middle school mistake! Stop arguing for the sake of arguing and actually think this through..

please. I am enjoying the discussion but we need to be on at least a similar page here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Did I say poison? Shouldn't have said poison. But they are toxic, have a toxicity level, etc. They may be totally spiritual, but they're also totally toxic (if less toxic than mescaline, apparently.) But "less toxic than mescaline" is still... y'know... Toxic. Stop thinking of it as some loaded word and accepted it as a scientific measure of a chemical or compound's "harmfulness."

BUT THAT IS ENTIRELY THE CRUX OF THE SEMANTICS HERE. WHY DO YOU SAY PSYCHOACTIVE IS SYNONYMOUS WITH HARMFUL? very different terms there.. if the LD50 of psilocybin is 21 GRAMS and the psychoactive dose is around 1.5 MILLIGRAMS I think its safe to say that we can't call psilocybin harmful in its natural forms unless you know people who eat mushrooms BY THE POUND

Quote:
I once took one Percocet and one Valium, and my friend, just for kicks, called the poison control hotline and told them. They took him dead seriously, and told him to get me to the emergency room. I was more sober than I'd been all year. That toxic shit is just the language of the establishment.
Yeah, duh, pharmaceuticals kill people all the time, plus the poison control center doesn't know how truthful one is to the DOSAGE when one is self reporting. Also, its probably standard protocol. Stop being so silly, really now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
and how I'm speaking from a technical bd scientific perspective about what is actually taking place in the brain.

I quoted and shared plenty of science, sometimes i wonder if you are as skilled at actually READING people's posts as you are at writing very long ones????? Indeed in what ways is psilocybin toxic to the brain? what harm does ingesting psilocybin to the brain? That is why it is PSYCHOACTIVE, not necessarily toxic. Toxicity would imply brain damage, which btw is what say meth or alcohol abuse does to the brain. Hence why earlier I said psilocybin does not cause brain damage.

Quote:
My perspective is full of words like "depression" (the resulting from the seratonin depletion following a trip, because that's technically what is occurring in the brain even if it doesn't feel like depression to everyone) and "toxic," but that doesn't mean I don't fully support the continued study of the effects of psil on mental health disorders.

Again, that is the whole damn conversation. Psilocybin doesn't have the same seratonin dumping effect that say LSD has. Its an entirely different psychoactive experience. Like i said, speaking anecdotally, you possible experience something like depression because PSYCHOLOGICALLY that is how you're reacting to the PSYCHOACTIVE experience. It is NOT the neurochemistry. Don't blame the seratonin, its your psychology

Quote:
Point being: we're probably not going to see eye to eye on this, because of our respective frames of mind and inclinations of thought. But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate what you're saying.

Which is fine, however when it does come to the SCIENCE here we need to find some kind of common ground, and frankly I think you aren't investigating this enough. Remember our conversation about cannabinoids earlier? You were mistaken then, could it just be possible that you are mistaken now no matter how much to entrench yourself in your position? I don't mean to argue, but science is science!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|