View Single Post
Old 08.09.2016, 10:03 PM   #65
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Nope. I disagree fundamentally.

This is because it causes nausea as part of the high, not some kind of toxic shock reaction.

Sorry broham you are wrong in this one.

you realize that dose would require eating pounds of mushrooms yes?
[/i]
we are arguing semantics now. Sure, EVERYTHING can kill you at some dose, even WATER. However, there is a common misconception that psilocybin mushrooms are "poisonous" and that the high is some kind of effect from this poision like a venom or something. Nonsense. It is just a psychoactive experience caused by ingesting psilocybin. It is not in any way a toxic reaction, like say the hallucinations that can accompany a snake bite. Again the throwing up part is not because of being poisoned, it is just part of the initial high. Is what it is. When people throw up from drinking too much alcohol btw it is not the body having some kind of toxic reaction, rather it is simply because alcohol causes an extreme imbalance in the fluids in the inner ear, throwing up from alcohol has nothing to do with being poisoned, its more like a chemically induced form of motion sickness. Again, you are smarter than this i know it

Did I say poison? Shouldn't have said poison. But they are toxic, have a toxicity level, etc. They may be totally spiritual, but they're also totally toxic (if less toxic than mescaline, apparently.) But "less toxic than mescaline" is still... y'know... Toxic. Stop thinking of it as some loaded word and accepted it as a scientific measure of a chemical or compound's "harmfulness."

I once took one Percocet and one Valium, and my friend, just for kicks, called the poison control hotline and told them. They took him dead seriously, and told him to get me to the emergency room. I was more sober than I'd been all year. That toxic shit is just the language of the establishment.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|