Thread: RIP Adam West
View Single Post
Old 06.27.2017, 06:18 PM   #53
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
what? just enable dictation on your phone. that's what I'm doing right now. then just add the punctuation manually.

actually, there is a way to edit punctuation by dictating to the machine. where have you been this whole century?

--

but ok yeah i'm more comfortable w/ a full keyboard. not the thumb-sized shit on a phone though. for that i'd rather dictate.

dick tater

Yah, I know, you butt... sniff... queef! (dammit)

My point the software isn't "there" yet. It's not seamless. If it was, I'd never record and transcribe another interview again. But it's not.

Like, yes, it works, but it's really far from perfect. I'm using it right now actually. And in fact you can please punctuation by simply saying the word "comma" or "period." So where have YOU been this last century?

Baaahahahahaha

But now I'm not using it, becauze it only stays on for so long. There's a little button on my iPhone for it.

It works better than it used to though. Maybe by now there's a third part app that really takes it to the next level. But on my got, using voice-to-text for an interview would be hell. You'd have to ask the person you're interviewing to give prompts when they're done speaking, and you'd have to start saying things like "Enter" and "unquote" and ask your subjects to do the same thing.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|