View Single Post
Old 04.24.2013, 11:12 AM   #48
raiinking
little trouble girl

raiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
what is so fucking hilarious about that jezebel article are all the women in the comments section complaining about "slut shaming." so apparently slut shaming is when you cheat with someone and destroy their marriage and have to suffer the indignity of other people KNOWING about it. there are even people saying "as someone who has been called a homewrecker before..." "its NEVER the womans fault!"

talk about fucking projection. the vibe i am getting from this daring site of celebrity gossip bitching - sorry - feminism is - "its everyone elses fault for making me feel the shame that i myself dont want to feel for my own actions."

Obviously something like this is always mutual. So it's equally not fair(and sexist) to say that she did this and he couldn't resist because he's a man. Or that he pursued it and she had no control over what she wanted.

I hope Kim is good throughout this whole 'wake of the Elle interview'. I'm glad she was so honest- but if this were me- I could see myself regretting saying as much as I did once it published and went everywhere(which is sorta natural- and the regret would often(as it is in this case) be totally unwarranted.

This whole thing has been really bizarre. I used to comb books about them hoping I would find the dirt but never would. And that has been a huge part of how fascinating they are to me. As well known as they are- they have maintained a publicly aloof, distant quality. I could never be as overly familiar as I would want with who they were and that kept an air of mystery about this band. It's still there for sure- but when the news first dropped about the separation and the possible hiatus- like most other people I felt devastated. Soon I had to confront my own celebrity obsession and say - non of this is my business. Although I love them- their music- their public persona. They guided me through music. I felt like they and John Waters are the people that culturally raised me.
but I do not know them.

this is a problem I'm still kinda dwelling on.

When Kim said in that article that she had a lumpectomy- that's when I got really shocked. This person that I think so much of was going through this shit and I had no idea.- and there i go again- I have no right to know. I've never even spoken to her other than the usual "I LOVE YOU KIM" at a show. Why do i feel like i should know? I really shouldn't.
raiinking is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|