View Single Post
Old 03.09.2017, 11:30 AM   #319
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Ok, how I feel about SY does have quite a bit to do with how I feel about Kim Gordon, who was pretty civil to Nard in the interview I'm thinking of, if I remember correctly.

Love Kim.

Gotta say, though, I've been kind of on the fence about Thurston as a person for a while now. It's not just the Kim stuff, and the stuff relating to the divorce. It's other things too. He shared his "Cease Fire" video, like, no shit, fucking FIFTY times or something on Facebook. And I hate that "ironic cool-guy crooner" voice thug he does where it just sounds like he's making fun of other singers' self-seriousness and has been doing it for so long that he's no longer in on the joke. He does this in the interview I'm thinking of also. When he has nothing to say. And it's fucking stupid and childish and not even a little bit funny.

I think he's matured a bit (damn well should have by now, since he was almost my age when he did that '91 interview... Jesus!) and that's reflected in his political views. But he's also kind of a perpetual child, and that's also reflected in his political views -- or, rather, how he chooses to express them (calling people "nazis," speaking only to the people who already agree with him, not seeking any meaningful paradigm shift in political and social discourse.)

But yeah. I love Kim. And I love Lee too. And Steve. Thurston's music is still golden, but as a guy, despite being perfectly friendly and charming in person, he's not a great role model.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|