View Single Post
Old 02.21.2009, 10:46 AM   #27
sarramkrop

This thread kind of made me think about something I was talking about with a friend a while ago regarding some essays he was reading on what makes human beings happy. We concluded that the very essence of happiness for a person is something as simple as being able to survive, and having to look forward to another day of existence in the hope that your day is improved by a whole enviroment which allows you to, say, rest an arm on a table, having storage space for essential things like food, an ashtray to put your cigarette ash in etc.

It's all very unoriginal and essentially primitive, and nothing that has not been thought or written about many times before. I apply the same thing when it comes to music as well, my only hope is that a chord I've listened to many times previously sounds slightly different than before and brings some sort of variation to pre-existing songs, or at least a personal approach to it that I can immediately identify with the person who has written the song. I also like music that pushes the boundaries when those boundaries offer the chances to be pushed for reasons that seem logical, rather than being an act of harsh disintegration of no-consequence to what's coming next.

I'm not sure what I mean with all this, I'm just masturabating the brain.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|