View Single Post
Old 08.28.2008, 08:11 PM   #19
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
suicide 1 is one of my favorites, has been for a long time. i actually love the second record too, its cool in a wierd synth-y noise-y pop kinda way. but more than suicide lately, ive been obsessed with a certain record influenced by suicide: bruce springsteen-nebraska. im serious, thats a perfect fucking record. very dark, very minimal, voice, accoustic and some electric guitars, harmonica, lots of repetition used to hypnotic effect (dude, 'state trooper, one of the most hypnotic but simplest rhythms ever), and amazing story line. you can definitley hear in the record that he was getting way into suicide, as he stripped himself of that big band he had used the most of his career. 'frankie teardrop' the charachter actually is a charachter used in nebraska's 'highway patrolman'. such an inspired record, springsteen just wanting to something different, falls in love with a band, writes some of the most amazing story songs in his entire life, and records an album by himself at home. the record company tells him to re record it and release it as an e street band album, he says fuck you and releases it the way it was meant to be. subsequently makes the best and most important record of his career. ok, that was totally unrelated. please excuse my rambling.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|