View Single Post
Old 01.30.2011, 10:46 PM   #36
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
The songs don't sound similiar, but the fuzziness and low volume of the production makes them not stand out as much as they should because the production is poor, if you're not paying attention. Hell, LICK MY DECALS OFF BABY is one of my favorite albums of all time and even I can tell that after a certain point the songs probably will blend together to someone not paying attention, since the songs follow similiar formulas (even the song with the brooms sweeping in polyrhythms in separate speakers) and the production doesn't allow for anything to stick out. There should be points on DECALS where the bass is bumped up for a part - like a bass solo.. the marimba should have been given more room.. of course I can tell the songs in PSYCHIC.,. POWERLESS.. apart, but the reception of the album overall isn't as strong as many of their other albums precisely for the fact that most people probably don't notice all the melodic subtelties and creative songcraft because all the songs are produced the same way, instead of letting certain parts to stick out.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|