View Single Post
Old 07.24.2017, 09:40 AM   #305
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, that Mount Eerie album is rough. I don't have a lot of room for music that's that emotionally heavy and devastating, but it's pretty brilliant too. Very sad. I've met Phil a couple of times, but I don't think I ever met his wife. I was just a college kid showing up at D+ and Microphones shows back when I crossed paths with him. Sad stuff though. Jesus.

The year hasn't been overwhelming for me either. I've got some super obvious albums up near the top (Kendrick, Jay-Z), some really brilliant but not overly accessible electronic shit (Jlin, Arca, Visible Cloaks, Blanck Mass), a few alt rock type albums that are good in the way my 22-year-old self would have loved, but just don't do quite the same thing for me anymore (Spoon, Broken Social Scene, Flaming Lips), and a few weird surprises, like THE YOSSARIANS - FABRIC OF TIME and the new Jefre Cantu Ledesma.

But I don't think I've listened to so few new albums in a given year in quite some time.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|