View Single Post
Old 03.12.2017, 06:54 PM   #124
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Let Go and Under My Skin are great pop albums and she was the main writer on both of them. Pretty much every song on those albums could've been a hit single. I love that whole power-pop thing and she was very good at it.

Well I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I won't stomp on anyone's opinion. You all listen to Sonic Youth so I trust you all unconditionally.

But I'm just not into whatever it is that she's about. I don't feel like the fact that she wrote most of her music is a reason to like her, just as I don't feel that, say, Rihanna not writing most of her music is a reason to dislike her. Either the music does stuff or it doesn't. This doesn't do stuff for me. That's all.

It's whatever makes your ears and brain feel good! Seriously. I'm not trying to be a dick. I completely forget that Avril Lavign was ever a thing until someone says her name, at which point I remember for a minute that she was a thing, and remember why I stopped remembering that she was a thing (because she did nothing for me). So I have zero investment in minimizing her music or insulting anyone who likes her music. She has not impacted my life in any way. So please don't think I'm shitting on anyone for liking her. I just don't like. I don't even dislike her.

I think the word "talented" was what prompted my little tirade.

I'm ambivalent about whatshername, and I'm sorry if I was offensive. Truly.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|