The announcement has been made for the nominees up for a vote to get into the Rock n roll hall of Lame.
- (I wonder whart awesomely flippant crap my man Morrissey will have to say if they are chosen!)
- (Jesus fuck, what a load of shit, to think that the most derivative band of losers in pop punk history has a chance to get in on a first ballot. Horrible. Fucking pathetic. I hope Lee Ving shows up and stomps their millionaire heads in)
Nine Inch Nails
- (I got no beef with NIN, although I think there are dozens of bigger, more important bands yet to be nominated)
- (they are nominating him cuz he is dead. His solo work, while important to a very smal sub-set of musical weirdos, is in no way comparable to his work with VU in terms of the overall history of Rock n roll. The Rolling Stone assholes HATED Lou Reed and were he alive he would tell them to suck his asshole)
- (Not rock n roll, although I dig them and they are important to music history. Soon they will nominate skrillex for playing playlists off his ipod)
-(fuck Sting. what a joke. his solo work was NOT rock n roll, just adult-contempo ballad shit)
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
- (I guess if you stick around long enough playing electric guitar and you are a woman they will nominate you to try and fill a quota. Joan Jett, while awesome and a rocker par excellence, had a few hits 30 years ago and had toured the state fair circuit now for decades.)
- (I guess if you are gonna put in the Furious Five, PE, Beasties, and RUN DMC, you gotta put in NWA, even though their output was just a few records, and Dre and Cube went on to become much more HUGE)
Stevie Ray Vaughan
- (not rock n roll, but like I said, in an era where music is made with computers, the Rolling Stone guys are desperate to fan the flames of the electric guitar...I love me some SVR, but more for his blues output than for the swamp boggie blues rock crap he did so much of)
- (NOT rock n roll. Why do they feel like they have to include disco acts now? Because of Donna Summer?)
The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
- (Fuck this shit. Paul Butterfield was a harmonica player who had this band for like 7 years, put out some successful records, and died in 1987. This makes no sense. they are nominating him because he was a white guy who introduced a bunch of suburban assholes to "blues" music, by virtue of once having sat next to Muddy Waters)
- (Does Jan Werner have a deal with the devil to induct every goddamn girl group?)
- (I love the Spinners, but they are not rock n roll.)
- (Nominated for "Low Rider" and "Cisco Kid"? Jesus....)
- (I love me some Bill Withers, and think he is one of the most underrated songwriters, but he is not rock n roll.)
I do not understand how the assholes at Rolling Stone who run the HoF can make a leap from the early punk, Clash, Pistols, to Green fucking Day.
the Cure, MC5, the New York Dolls, Sonic Youth, Joy Division, Roxy Music, the Pixies, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, The Misfits all NEVER EVEN NOMINATED
Not to mention Heavy Metal. Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Slayer, etc. never even close to being nominated. They put in Metallica and Sabbath (FINALLY) and then said fuck it...