View Single Post
Old 09.20.2008, 12:09 PM   #18654
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I have yet to "get" grime. What am I missing?

it doesnt suck, not all of it. the first dizzee rascal record is prolly the immediate one everyone thinks about but fuck that. ive been getting into a lot of grime this year and some of it is reallllllllly groovy, all very bass heavy, theres no way you can hear it and not at least nod your head, and some of the mcs are word wizards. check out these;

shabba ranks-rappin wit the ladies, golden touch, just reality, best baby father
roll deep-in the deep end, rules and regulations, return of the big money sound
wiley (hes very mediocre and very inconsistent, but has put out some bangers)-treddin on thin ice, da 2nd phaze
trim-soul food volume 3 (unfuckingbelievable, prolly the only grime mc that has literally blown me away ghostface killah style, ultra street surrealistic surrealist metaphors mixed with the usual guns pussy and women memo in a very strange stream of concsiousness style and of course in traditional british cocknet dialect, over dub heaby rhythms and huuuuuuuuge bass beats, its like surrealist thug dancehall grime outrageous and phenomenal)
riko-the truth
lethal bizzle-against all oddz, back to bizzness
the plastician-beg to differ

and last but not least:

bug-london zoo (you may have heard of this, its been getting rave fucking reviews, the bug is kevin martin, who is the indsutrial hip hop genius from techno animal, ice, god, etc.. and this shit is very trippy hypnotic but massive british electronic dancehall music, the beats are some of the most insanly powerful things ive ever heard, and he got all the best grime mc's from around great britain. amazing album, and surely in my top 10 of all time. only grime record ive heard so far that ive really gotten obsessed over, the others i listened to once or twice and that was enough, but this album demands repeat listens, theres so much to discover everytime you hear it, i highly reccomend it)

well, there you go. id imagine you can appreiacte grime cuz u seem to dig a fair share of wierd hip hop music, and well, grime is the wierdest hip hop music.

o what am i listening to?

eat skull-sick to death (im obsessed with this band, there my fave rock band around right not for sure, besides maybe pink reason)
ghetto-2000 and life, ghetto gospel
lethal bizzle

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|