View Single Post
Old 06.26.2014, 10:52 PM   #50
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
also NEUROSCIENTIFICALLY true because their brains experience it differently - they get a more intense sensation.

anyone who tries to say the state of things today is as great as it could be is lying. when we have to either make excuses or chastise each other to "just shut up and enjoy it" half the time, then that shows something.

its hardly a golden age. its more like an age of exhaustion amidst uncontrollable technological progression, when nostalgia and retro become the only thing people are capable of, since almost noone seems to be able to get anywhere new.

noone is obligated to be happy with this state of affairs despite what we are forced to think. you can only have standards if you are prepared to be negative, but today we are all forced, almost aggressively, to be trivial. the reactions to post like these are always someone behaving like a hospice nurse trying to soothe a dying person whose become agitated. "hey hey its ok its ok its not so bad" etc. etc. or even worse, telling them its their fault they are suffering because they dont want to be happy, which seems like the behaviour we're all most proud of and believe in the most these days.

i mean, there used to be a feeling at least that "ok we know that majority of people are fucking morons and true talent has an even harder time because its always ignored by the masses" but now we dont even have that. but its still true - the good people are lucky to get further than nowhere. i was just listening to maria and the mirrors and thinking that this beats 99% of the utter fucking horseshit thats popular today but even in supposedly underground outlets they barely get any coverage. i wish we'd spend more time promoting stuff like that instead of making excuses for the same recycled dogshit.

i blame pitchfork for all of this because they decided it was ok to have no definition separating alternative/underground music and the most mainstream pop drivel. they promoted this artless and soulless hipsterdom and got rid of the idea of even trying to proudly erect a firewall separating mainstream SHIT from true art, respected by people who actually cared. even if it wasnt true art it least ASPIRED to be something more. i mean, they work on payola so you pay for your review/coverage, but the evil is that they also include actual underground music alongside this and it gets shit on because the labels cant afford to pay for a good review, or it gets shit on extra because the writers are taking out their secret envy of people who actually want to create something good. its the most pernicious form of assault against whats left of the underground.

i have started to get into 20th century classical
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|