View Single Post
Old 06.19.2009, 12:20 PM   #15
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
Trompe was for the longest time my least favourite Pixies album. I really didn't like it very much, and totally got why people thought it was such a disappointment. Then one day I just happened to give another chance in the right mood and it completely fucking blew me away. So stunning on so many levles, and waaaay too overlooked. As a whole album, it's a strong candidate for there best. Destroys Bossanova. The way the tracks are programmed, especially on the first side, so they just each catapult into the next is unbeliavable. Like every track is a classic, and there's no break between them, so before you've even absorbed how much your face has been rocked off you're already thrown into another classic. Amazing amazing album. I mean seriously, Trompe Le Monde, Planet Of Sound, Alec Eiffel, The Sad Punk, Head On, U-Mass, Palace Of The Brine and Letter To Memphis right after each other in like 18 minutes? How is it even possible for one album to bring so much awesome so quickly? Everyone else who didn't give it time, lkike me at first, needs to give it another listen. I don't have the BBC album, but now I'm really psyched to get it.

with you every step of the way.