Thread: Bad Moon Rising
View Single Post
Old 03.23.2012, 12:42 AM   #7
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
If I absolutely had to choose a favorite Sonic Y record, it would be A Thousand Leaves. However, thankfully I don't have to choose because Bad Moon would come in at a very, very close second place. I've gone through periods, sometimes lasting 2-3 weeks at a time, listening to nothing but Bad Moon. It's definitely amongst their darkest material...all that Charles Manson imagery and talk of geniuses and drugs and sex addicts and Indians running away from scary foreign settlers. Love it.

In my opinion it's way better than Evol (which I believe was there first stab at experimenting w/ "pop" concepts). Evol has a brilliant album cover (love Lung Leg), and a few songs, but it's never been one I go back to often. I just think they did far more interesting stuff in the 80's. I prefer BMR to Daydream as well. I love Daydream and believe it deserves all the credit it gets...but it was never one of my favorite albums either, which is odd because it does feature some of my favorite songs...but whenever listening to it I skip around from track to track a lot. W/ Bad Moon Rising (much like ATL) I just put the fucker in and press play and it's amazing from beginning to end. Like a big story. A bunch of songs that blend together so frickin' nicely.

Gorgeous record. Congrats on buying it.