View Single Post
Old 03.25.2008, 07:23 PM   #10
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
I've always wondered, what is Thurston/the band's stance on drugs, smoking etc? I know Thurston and Lee used to smoke from The Year Punk Broke, but did they ever take drugs back in the day? Anyone know?

"Providence" on DDN is a phone message from Mike Watt to Thurston about T losing his weed. In tour diaries from that era, Lee makes reference to doing coke. As a former Deadhead who wrote the lyrics to "Eric's Trip" we can be relatively certain Lee did his share of vitamin A too. As recently as 1995 tour diaries, Thurston was pretty up front about dope smoking. I think he likely slowed down as his daughter got older, at least in terms of being obvious.

So yeah, him narrating a Straight Edge documentary seems pretty damn odd.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|