View Single Post
Old 06.18.2006, 03:18 PM   #26
top 40 squeeze
bad moon rising

top 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
^In DC (the first show at least) they played everything but Sleepin' Around plus 4 old songs that I had seen a bunch of times except for Shaking Hell, of course. Hopefully they are just warming up and by the Aug. gigs with the Lips and whatnot they will be more inspired to bust out some more varied sets.

I think it probably has something to do with Mark Ibold playing bass. They probably only had time to learn and rehearse the new songs with him and a couple old tracks. They could play some old songs he doesn't know but would be awkward to have a 5th guy on stage not playing and watching or something.

Jim was well-integrated with the band by the time they really started busting out the old-shit, and he had been in the studio with them constantly practicing and recording and writing so they probably had a lot more time to teach him the old stuff. Plus Jim is a noise genius mastermind and was just able to pick up a guitar or his laptop and add an extra layer to any old track rather easily. I don't really think that's Ibold's forte and he'd pretty much just have to learn the bass to lots of songs. Although, I guess you could argue it is bass, and it wouldn't be that hard for him to follow along or learn or create something. The Youth are probably just taking the easiest approach.

Makes me feel less bad about missing them on this tour.
top 40 squeeze is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|