View Single Post
Old 07.19.2008, 05:24 AM   #51
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
In regard to listing groups solely because they were all female.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
yes. there's no reason on earth why anyone would list the likes of L7 or Cibo Matto otherwise.

Based upon the people who listed L7, that seems far from the truth. Emmah was pretty emphatic about liking them, I listed them but qualified it was based entirely upon their live show (I saw them many times in the late '80s and early '90s in Seattle in really small clubs, and they were awesome, which was never really captured on record), and Cantankerous seems unlikely to list anyone based upon that reason.

Cibbo Matto I don't think anyone but me listed, and all I can say is I really like their debut album. It was quite unique at it's time. Their second album was not all female (in fact it features a guy I used to party with in Olympia before he moved to NYC) and it's horrible. So they were better off all-female, for whatever reasons.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|