View Single Post
Old 02.08.2023, 03:28 PM   #25419
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
My wife was horrified.

I think the whole point was that Colin Ferrell's character is so FUCKING STUPID that he doesn't understand the man he thinks of as a best friend LOATHES him.

what a waste of time and money.

These are the kinds of stories that make me read very few fiction novels.
i haven't seen this, but wouldn't such illuminations into people's characters be one of the important social functions of fiction? the exploration of morality, relationships, etc?

i mean... there are a lot of stupids who think other people love them when they actually don't. abused people have what's called a "fantasy bond". easy to name, but harder to illustrate.

again i'm saying this *not having seen the movie.* and i probably won't, having read your reviews, hahaha. i'm just going by what you say in this bit i'm quoting, about the uses of fiction.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|