View Single Post
Old 01.03.2023, 04:32 PM   #3608
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
FINALLY! What did I bloody tell you? Great fucking show. The book kinda sucks actually. Maybe it would have sucked less if I’d read it before watching the show, but it basically only goes up to the end of season 1, and it’s kind of a plod-along about depressed people post-disaster. None of the interesting elements of the show are really present, sad to say.
But huzzah, I knew you’d like the show!!

yes, hahaha, you said. might also have been an issue of timing/season that i didn't feel like watching before. northrop frye was onto something with his theories...

anyway my favorite season was the second one, with the magical realism bullshit that was so much fun for me. i did not expect this at all when things went to tejass and the hillbilly lady did the music, but it was actually okay lyrics in it (can't remember the music now), and suddenly the show was HOLY FUCK WAT. yeah... second season is #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Bummer City. Cancel Netflix and get HBO instead and watch Succession because damned if it isn’t the best thing out there. Best thing since Mad Men. Better maybe. Anyhoo.

what netflix? netflix is cancelled too. not a lot left for me to watch there.

but the things is, i can't afford the *time* to engage in any kind of binge right now.

i even have an offer of 3 free months of apple tv (new device came with it) and i'm not taking them up on it hahahahaha. VADE RETRO SATANA

regularly i only have amazon (i need prime anyway) and the criterion channel (it's an annual thing).

then on amazon i get a thing called britbox that offers british shows for $7... nothing amazing, it's just regular tv minus the annoyance of regular american tv hahahaha.

so instead of "law and order criminal disease case squad unit #4 cis tijuana" you get a mellow "dci banks" who goes to the pub and likes jazz records.

so, nothing thrilling or addictive or requiring a massive commitment, but also less annoying than nbc and cbs and that sort of thing.

kind of perfect for my needs right now, except that the brits are obsessed with murder fucking mysteries, and i wish they'd find another genre to change things up a bit. but within the murder space there is a lot of variation, sorta...but again, nothing that will keep you awake all night or calling sick at work.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|