View Single Post
Old 08.12.2018, 03:30 PM   #2149
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Urgh ANOTHER one that's been on the list of shit to watch. I've only just got round to actually doing season 3 of BCS. Forgot how brilliant it is in every way.

BCS oddly rivals even Breaking Bad in my opinion. The acing might even be better. The writing... I think the writing is *definitely* better, but it’s been a while since I last saw BB.

The only problem with BCS is that you have to have seen BB to understand some of what’s — to get the full picture. But it just never fails to impress me.

However, Handmaid’s Tale is at another level. It feels... urgent. I’m not saying it my favorite, because it’s not, but it’s *important* and significant in ways I don’t want to spoil.

Having read the book does not prepare you for season 2. But living in America in the Trump era is all you need to give you perspective on the true horror of extremism and fascism. It’s fucking bone-chilling.

Al of you, watch, bootleg and share with friends. I’m surprised Atwood isn’t insisting it be made available for free like John Oliver does with his segments. The world needs to see Handmaid’s Tale.

It’s as good as The Americans, but in a different way.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|