View Single Post
Old 03.27.2015, 10:58 AM   #515
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Frankie's verse on "Oldie" is one of my favorites on there. His, Earl's and Mike G's. But the whole track is unbelievable.

Good call on Radical, louder. Feels like that one's always overlooked, but I loved that album back when.

PS, I keep wishing every year that those early tapes like Radical, Earl, Bastard, etc would get some kind of CD pressing.

What did you think of my little startup guide?

I was trying to focus on the essentials, and end with the absolute must-have solid gold studio LP's.

You'll notice that I, too, noted Radical as a high point for the group, and as an excellent starting point for the relative newb. High five?

Also, I was trying to avoid albums that all three of us had seemed to find unanimously disappointing in the long run. This is why I avoided Wolf... I know we all geeked out when it initially dropped, but it ended up not even making my top 10 hip hop albums that year.

I thought you and louder felt the same way, but now I see our comrade recommending it OVER both Bastard AND Goblin. Wtf louder?

---

Yes, Mike G is a great rapper and needs to put out a goddamn proper album for fuck's sake! Still, Mike Check and Ali are both dope Mixtapes, even though I don't think he'd quite come into his own yet.

I also really like Domo's solo mixtape's, especially last year's Under the Influence 2. But I stand by the releases I recommended, as I believe they more or less cover the absolute best from most of the different factions and substrata of the OFWGKTA universe.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|