View Single Post
Old 06.05.2007, 11:45 PM   #14
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
I like Hendrix just fine, but best guitarist ever? That sort of implies that every guitarist should strive to be just like him, or whoever is being called the best guitarist ever at any given time. It reminds me of those sad guitar player magazines that publish articles on such things, and always within the classic rock genre. They're living in the past. It's a bit boring.

You know, it's fine that those magazines want to only talk about musicians that everyone's heard of already. They do need to sell copies, and I'm not going to chastise them for that. But they obviously have a bias even in the narrow field they are working in. The simple fact that they rarely make any mention of Prince that would rank him alongside the likes of Hendrix and Co. where he deserves, just goes to show that hypermasculine presence is a huge factor in who they choose to put on their cover. Prince wears purple, has a cute butt, and is generally more in touch with his feminine side than his male contemporaries. DEAL BREAKER.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|