View Single Post
Old 03.23.2013, 04:42 AM   #203
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Finally got the vinyl! As the other solos I think this isnīt also as great as SY-records, but already in the second listening I started to love it! I really like the "Fuck you all"-attidude in album (itīs same kind like Cave had with Grinderman). I think thereīs nothing artificial like Thurston trying to be younger he is, heīs just angry old man. And this album really proves me Thurston just do what he wants. When Lee is using nostalgia but sounding himself of the year 2012 in Between the Times, this album really sounds as if it would have been made in the nineties (the name could have been Psychic Hearts vol.2). And itīs kind of weird and amazing! It seems Thurston made a circle, itīs interesting whatīs heīs going to do next in his solo career.

Although I donīt believe Lee has thought any commercial things when doing Between-album, there really is a lot more commercial potential in Leeīs solo as this Chelsea album. I donīt believe anybody superficial listener starts to listen Thurston if hearing this. My favourites at the moment are Lip, Sleeping where I fall and Mohawk (the greatest moment of the album, I think itīs first time when Velvet Underground and SY truly meets). Also I really like the 7", the most beautiful song of the album in the a-side & the punkiest in B-side. And in my version there is also CD. I think this album will grow more after more listening, I listened Leeīs Between maybe little over 10 times but I havenīt got any need to listen it a long time. Well, I think I will listen it also someday.

Very hard to say is this better than Demolished, because I still love it also, but I think thereīs is no need to say which is better because these are so different albums.

I donīt really wonder why there arenīt lots of great reviews, because Chelsea is so out of this time. The music journalists of today seem to have trend that if the old artists do album they want and not trying to put there influences from the current music, heīs just an old fart (maybe critics are afraid the colleagues say them old farts if they like such an album). I think for example Caleīs latest album would have been better, if he hadnīt tried to put there so much "fresh influences". Of course itīs not totally bad.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|