View Single Post
Old 04.09.2012, 01:30 AM   #65
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelocia
I really wanted to include Murray Street and Sonic Nurse as part of my top five because I love those albums to death, but I just couldn't. I really feel that between '86 and '92... they reached a level of greatness that cannot be matched ever again. And the majority of the reason for that is just the time period. Just with music in general I have a hard time listening to anything past '93. I make exceptions of course but not many.

When I was waiting in line to see Lee at Other Music on the 20th of March, I was talking about why I loved those five Sonic Youth albums and my friend said to me "You gotta include BMR." And I just always say no because I feel that Thurston and Kim's songwriting on that album (and Confusion) pales in comparison to EVOL, Sister, and Daydream. I do love BMR and Confusion though.
I think Sonic greatness has never fallen, it has just become mature in the 2000-decade when they´ve got older. And if they will split, I am of course sad because my favourite band will split, but glad about that they´ve never made any lousy record.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|