View Single Post
Old 12.12.2012, 12:26 PM   #131
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
I initially wondered if they'd taken the 2nd verse vocal from the multitrack and mixed it in with the 1st (so both verses would have the same 2 vocals), but they'd have to do a lot of time stretching since the 2nd verse is much slower. It could be from another show, but Aaron's liners suggest that this was the earliest multitrack they had (maybe it's mixed in from a '91 show ).

I think the easiest solution is that it was a recent overdub done in the past few years as this release has been prepared...the fact that they actually played the song last year makes this seem more likely, because otherwise I'd say "why fuck with a 25-year-old recording?". Did the original vocal track sound that bad?

Also, I think if they were gonna transplant songs from other shows, they would've done something about that "Nature Scene" performance.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|